The Wrong Life Insurance
No I don’t mean that tedious financial putting away for a life in a nursing home where you can gum down your vegan shepherd’s pie in delirious comfort.
But the pension plan of regrets you are currently unconsciously paying in to can be reviewed when your youth has slipped by and opportunity stopped knocking and went to the house next door where the lights were on and the door was opened with a hopeful, trusting smile.
Regrets are the saddest things in life. They’re like dead stars, dreams with rigor mortis forever frozen in memory and sadly grieved and lost forever.
As a coach I am nothing but an excuses shifter and a regrets removals service. Washed up wishes and unactioned visions come into sharp focus when age, wisdom and time has passed and you look back with the sorrowful sigh of “if only I had”, “why did I let fear stop me?” or “if I had my time again’s”.
Sorry if this sounds gloomy but a life lived on your terms, staring fear in the eye with a quivering lip and dubious bladder control is one where you will have wisdom and joy to warm the cockles of your heart like some nuclear cup of Complan. So have you signed up for your own dismal PPI – Pitiful Procrastination Ignoramusness or Pleasure Prevention Idiocy?
I’m sure you can add your own mix. You see it’s life’s irony that what currently seems overwhelmingly hard to face or give a go to right now will seem like nothing but a hill of beans in years to come when you see the error of your ways and you’ve grown pair (of rather arthritic feet no longer clad in clay).
Here’s a quick check to see if you have been investing in a PPI guaranteed to give an unhealthy return on regret:
- Complaining you don’t have enough time
- Wishing but not “doing”
- Not taking responsibility
- Making excuses
- Always being “too tired”
- Waiting for the “right” time
- Getting hooked up in perfectionism
- Envy and resentment
- Drifting as in “I just sort of drifted into this job/relationship/life”
- Thinking you have lots of time to play with
- Assuming others are supremely lucky/gifted for success
- People pleasing
- Worrying about what others think (listen, they’re really not bothered)
- Putting yourself down/playing victim
- Assuming rather than being curious
- Not taking a risk
- Always feeling in deficit
- Taking an interest-only mortgage out on the comfort zone
- Not forgiving yourself or others
- Giving “what the worst that can happen?” a lot of research
- Brakes-on caution
The good news is that I can help you regain your sense of life Purpose, Passion and Inspiration and reclaim your life so that when you are in your dotage you have the golden glow of a life well lived.
Book a 30 minute discovery session with me now.
Ready to start changing your life?
Trust you've chosen the right coach. I regularly schedule no obligation 30 minute trial life coaching consultations for a redeemable £10 fee.
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE
Join 4,000 others and get 'Wit & Wisdom' - tips and lessons to start changing your life today.