How to Survive The Dawn of the Dread – Your Joy Kit
It may sound like the latest Netflix horror box set but the “dawn of the dread” could be something you have a starring role in.
The great American writer Ann Tyler said “we are all enduring something” and who can’t relate to that?
Some days it can take me three hours to turn around my mood from floor to soar. At the start of the day it sometimes seems an impossibility. Then after some deep work I am swanning, floating and coping.
But oh the woe is weighty, the body heavy and the shoulder doesn’t want to meet the boulder of the load ahead.
The duvet seems a good retreat but it’s not an option. So what do we need to know when life seems heavy and the mood is lower than a dachshund’s tum?
The most important thing is to remember this situation is temporary. Even though it feels like it’s tattooed on the soul after some night you wished to forget if you could only remember it in the first place.
Moods are mutable and movable and things can and will get better.
On a day to day basis try to think of three things ahead, before you get out of bed, that you want to happen or you can create and look forward to. A coffee on your favourite park bench, listening to music or an inspiring audible book or a lovely evening meal.
Know what will make you happy and top yourself up with both hands and with responsible selfishness.
Here are a few other methods to turn the gloom into zoom:
- Journaling – even if you don’t know what to write jot down how you are feeling to name and tame those negative emotions. Illustrations rock too.
- Write down things you are truly grateful for. Keep a blessings book. Gratitude is one of the highest vibrations and attracts even more blessings. Win/win.
- When we are in sadness we are looking backwards. When we are anxious we are looking forwards. Be in the NOW. There is peace in the now. Let it be and settle into the day landslip stream the small pleasures as they arrive. Relish your coffee, sigh in the bath (have 2 a day if you want) etc.
- Put your trust in something higher. God, Spirit, The Universe, Natural Rhythms, Gaia, a Greater Conscience that has your back, is dealing with your pain (a sort of Cosmic Customer Services that is getting back to you) and is working it all out for the best for you. Trust it.
- Be patient. Patience is a super power and delivers its own answers. We can control a lot less than we think.
- You don’t always have to take action. Let things unfold.
- Forget carbs avoid “barbs” – annoying people/ stressful situations and find a safe place to relax and retreat.
- Day dream about the things that really light you up and take one step towards it. Repeat often.
- Eat gorgeous things. Always. Groaning with pleasure optional. Blame me.
You are not alone. We are all in this together. And remember there really is light, hope and life, always, at the end of the tunnel.
Come on you know you want to. Itching to in fact. I am waiving my £10 discovery call fee for all you great subscribers. Grab a cuppa and get comfy and book now.
Ready to start changing your life?
Trust you've chosen the right coach. I regularly schedule no obligation 30 minute trial life coaching consultations for a redeemable £10 fee.
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE
Join 4,000 others and get 'Wit & Wisdom' - tips and lessons to start changing your life today.