5 ways you’re making your own life hard
For the majority of us, life isn’t easy as pie. Long work hours, family drama, and stressful situations are just some of the factors we may have to deal with each day. But it’s not all external – we can be our own worst enemy when it comes to what’s causing us stress!
A lot of us are effectively shooting ourselves in the foot by doing things that make our lives harder. But don’t worry, as Top Life Coach, Carole Ann Rice, is here to help. Helping her clients navigate issues like bad relationships and low confidence, today she’s sharing five ways that we’re hurting ourselves and how we can stop it.
- Overthinking things – when we spend too long overthinking something, we throw ourselves into more fear and doubt. Overthinking something is like putting the brakes on and hesitating. Instead, trust yourself to make a decision in the moment and quickly move on! When we dwell in thought, we can exaggerate details and invent a whole situation that simply never existed in the first place.
- Give up on perfectionism – perfectionists want everything to be just so. But life doesn’t work that way – you could end up spending 3 hours on an email when 3 minutes would suffice. Perfectionists make a lot of work for themselves; learn that progress is better than perfectionism and that nobody cares about the finer nuances of minor things.
- Not giving yourself enough time – set your morning alarm earlier so that you have time for breakfast, a shower, and whatever else needs to be done. Always build in a safety net of time when doing anything from replying to an email to meeting someone in town. If you’re constantly rushing around, you’re bound to make mistakes and be more stressed in the process.
- Not planning ahead – planning ahead makes everything easier. Make sure you have enough time to do the things you need to do – allow yourself space in-between meetings and always have fresh food in the house so you don’t rely on a takeaway in the heat of the moment.
- Being a YES person – when we commit to things that we don’t want to do, we feel resentment. Learn to say no if you don’t want to do something – your time is precious and your opinion is important. You don’t always have to be a people pleaser, especially when you barely have enough time to deal with your own issues.
Ready to start changing your life?
Trust you've chosen the right coach. I regularly schedule no obligation 30 minute trial life coaching consultations for a redeemable £10 fee.
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE
Join 4,000 others and get 'Wit & Wisdom' - tips and lessons to start changing your life today.